Thursday, May 30, 2013

On the bed

Summer is upon us here in the north east. Well at least the first heat wave has arrived and so I figured it was time for a change of scenery. 

This quilt goes back a little while now. Took me almost a year and a half to complete! I was so inspired by Angela's (Fussy Cut) Habitat Bowtie quilt that I wanted one of my own. And so began this wonderful quilt. I really love how it turned out!





  My blocks are 10 inches finished and I used Anna Maria Horner's line Innocent Crush in the warm palette and Kona in Medium Grey as my background. I can't remember now what I used for the binding or the back, but I absolutely love the sea foamy/tealish fabric. Its like a little surprise on the back! This was quilted on a long arm by Janet Eisner of Eisner's Quilting. She's super awesome if you can't already tell.

Oh and sorry no actual bed shot with said quilt resting on it. I would love to share a boudoir photo, but our cleaning lady is on vacation.....if you catch my drift ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment