Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stash Bag

I've hit a road block with my Swoon Quilt. Seems as though my energy for adding borders is depleted. It is getting tough to wrestle that top under my machine. But that's not to say I'm not still sewing. Check this out!


 
I saw this fabric a little while ago and told myself not to buy it since I don't neeeed anymore fabric. But after some time had passed I went back to the store and that same bolt of happy mustaches was sitting there begging me to make a bag of it and so into my basket it went. It was practically twisting my arm! I swear it :) That Alexander Henry and Michael Miller sure do make some irresistible fabrics!

When I got home I immediately started cutting it up! I used this Reversible Bag pattern from Novita at verypurpleperson.blogspot.com. It was so easy to make and just what I had in mind. Having the reversible option is really great since I'm in love with both prints.


I had so much fun making this bag! I really like the instant gratification and functionality of making handbags. Actually, I liked it so much I already bought more fabric so I could make another! :D


I love those little anchors!!! But I can't decide on a lining....which one should I use??

No comments:

Post a Comment