Thursday, July 25, 2013

Around here


Its been summer lazy days around here. With how hot it has been, I come home from work and all I want to do is flop on the couch and sleep. Luckily though, I have managed to muster up enough energy to get considerably far with my latest project.


I started this way back! I actually bought the fabric for it over 2 years ago! Its Aviary 2 in granite by Joel Dewberry. I so love this fabric! Its absolutely gorgeous! For the background I used my staple Kona in black and medium grey. I think they work well together.




When I saw Heather Mulder Peterson's pattern Spanish Tiles in her Living Large 2 book, I knew it would be the perfect choice. I just love this pattern! It is so sophisticated just a perfect compliment to Joel's fabric.





I'd have to say I really enjoyed this pattern. There were a lot of pieces and bias edges on the sashing parts, but somehow it all managed to come out square and happy!




At this point it was a breeze. All the pieces just flew together!




Caught me!!! Thank you to my fearless companion for keeping me company while I sewed this puppy together last night. You're the best honey!


And we're done! Well not quite yet. I still have to add borders, but I just had to share my progress! I really wasn't sure how this was going to turn out but now that I see it all together I am really happy with it.

More to come soon! But if you just can't wait, you can follow me on Instagram for the latest on this and many many many other projects and adventures! :D Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Has it really been 2 yrs since aviary was released? Love that line and all joel, really. Perfect pairing of fabric and pattern.

    ReplyDelete